The basic task of all gate automation systems is to provide the user with the ability to easily operate the entry gate without having to leave the car or home.
We appreciate the possibility of installing automation for gates every day, especially during rain, snow or strong wind. The automatic opening gate is not only convenient, but above all safe. Because it is not necessary to get out of the car to open the entrance gate to the property or gate to the garage, especially in the evening or at night, significantly improves the psychological comfort and protects us against assault and, for example, theft of a car.
What is included in the basic gate automation system?
Automation systems for gates, depending on the type of gate, consist of such elements as:
- actuators (in the case of automation for a swing gate)
- gearmotor (in the case of automation for a sliding gate)
- the main board called the control panel or control module
- security sensors, anti-crushing (usually photocells or safety edges, magnetic loop)
- a warning lamp
- transmitter (remote control) and radio receiver or many other devices used to initiate gate movement, such as: key switch, keypad, magnetic card reader, magnetic loop, time switches (so-called timers), video intercoms and many more.
- key or manual opening switch (emergency)
Every good quality drive for swing gate, sliding gate and garage doors should be equipped with a manual (emergency) opening mechanism. It is usually a lever or a switch that releases the lock and we are able to operate the gate manually.
This is very important because in the event of a power failure it is thanks to this mechanism that we are able to manually open the gate and leave the premises or object. The gate automation system can be integrated with the fire alarm system. In this case, in the event of an alarm, a gate opening signal is sent to the gate, so without pressing any buttons you can safely evacuate, because the gate will open automatically.